Alkira Inc (herinafter, “we” and “Alkira”) provides an end-to-end networking platform which is consumed as a service offered in a pay-as-you-go model (the “Services”). Customers connect their local system and cloud workloads to the Alkira Cloud Exchange Points (CXP). Customers can activate security and other services on-demand, which can auto-scale up and down based upon utilization. The Services also offer complete visibility and monitoring of the environment through a dashboard available inside the portal. Customers sign up to the Services using the Alkira registration portal and consume the Services through a custom URL generated after the registration is complete. Customers can also sign up from the website at www.alkira.com (“Site”), to access restricted content.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal information (collectively “Personal Data”) from you:
- Information you provide to us: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide us with such information while signing up for the Services. For example, when you register to the Service, we will collect your name, email address, password and organization information, and when you use the Services, we will need information to access public cloud providers and third party vendors whose services you like us to integrate Alkira with. We also collect personal information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, or respond to a survey. If you make an enquiry through the Site or the Services, or contact us in any other way, we will keep a copy of your communications with us.
- Information we collect when you do business with us: We may process your personal information when you do business with us – for example, as a customer or prospective customer, or as a vendor, supplier, consultant, or other third party. For example, we may hold your business contact information and financial account information (if any) and other communications you have with us for the purposes of maintaining our business relations with you.
- Information we automatically collect: We may also collect certain technical information by automatic means when you visit the Site or Services, such as IP address, browser type and operating system, referring URLs, your use of the Site or Services, and other clickstream data. We collect this information automatically through the use of various technologies, such as cookies.
- Personal information where we act as a data processor: We also process personal information on behalf of our business Partners in the context of supporting our products and services with them. In such cases, we are data processors acting in accordance with the instructions of our business partners. You will need to refer to the privacy policies of our business partners to find out more about how such information is handled by them.
What do we use this information for?
The Personal Data we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests
- To provide you with access to the Site and Services, including to administer and complete transactions you request (such as providing invoices, payment processing and managing your account), providing updates and information about the Services, and personalizing the Services
- To enhance the Site and Services
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us
- To provide you with technical support (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- For system administration and security of your account and our business
- For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs), to help us develop and improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users, to facilitate and measure marketing and promotions, to protect against wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, and to generally manage our business
- To resolve disputes, protect our and others’ rights, safety and interest, and comply with legal obligations
- For recruitment purposes, where you apply for a job with us
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for using the Services, will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the Services and otherwise as permitted by law.
If we use information derived from Personal Data for internal testing purposes, we will only use aggregated or de-identified information.
How do we protect your information?
Alkira takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from Alkira may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing Personal Data to Alkira via the Internet.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We may allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site or Services to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or Services or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses the Site or Services. We do not control the use of such third party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will only share Personal Data with third parties in certain circumstances:
- We may disclose Personal Data when you direct or permit us to do so.
- We may disclose Personal Data to help complete a transaction for you.
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, sale of all or part of our assets or business, or similar event, Personal Data may be sold, disposed of, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
- We may also disclose Personal Data to third parties where we believe it is necessary or appropriate under law, for example: (1) to protect or defend our rights, interests, or property or that of third parties; (2) to comply with legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including for national security and law enforcement purposes; (4) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or to enforce our Terms of Service; (5) to protect the vital interests of our users, customers, and other third parties.
- We may use and share aggregated non-personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising, analytics or other purposes.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer links to third party products or services on the Site or Services. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Site and Services and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Accessing your information and your choices.
You can update, amend or delete Personal Data in the Services at any time by logging into the Service. You can choose not to receive emails from us by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us. You can choose to delete or block cookies by setting your browser to either reject all cookies or to allow cookies only from selected sites. If you block cookies performance of the Site or Services may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (for EEA visitors)
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using Personal Data will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Data only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide Personal Data). Similarly, if we collect and use Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Your European Union Rights
Under certain circumstances, residents of the European Union have rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal information. You have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or to request the correction, amendment, or deletion of such information;
- Object to, or request a restriction of, processing of your personal information; Request transfer of your personal information, to you or to a third party;
- Withdraw consent for further processing of your personal information (in cases where our use of your personal information is based on your consent);
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (though we encourage you to contact us first with any questions or concerns).
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details above, and we will delete your personal information upon request. We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
We may share your personal information with others for their marketing use unless you tell us not to. To opt-out please email us at [email protected] with your name, postal address, telephone number and email address with “CA Opt Out” in the subject line. We will not share your information after we have received and processed your opt-out.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Notice to Nevada Residents
We do not transfer Personal Data for monetary consideration. If you would like to tell us not to sell your information in the future please email us at [email protected] with your name, postal address, telephone number and email address with “Nevada do not sell” in the subject line.
For Privacy related inquiries, please contact us at [email protected]. You can also contact us by writing to us at
2001 Gateway Pl #610W, San Jose, CA 95110